THE ASCENTEC ONE THERMOPLUME® INSULATION JACKET
THE VERSATILE PERFORMANCE JACKET WITH THERMAL MANAGEMENT
The ASCENTEC ONE is our first product and the result of over a year of material research, design development and intensive field testing. A total of three prototypes were manufactured until the jacket met all of our requirements. Our goal was to develop a versatile performance jacket that meets the high demands of alpine activities, from mountaineering or mountain hiking to skiing. The ASCENTEC ONE was developed in close cooperation with alpinists and climbers. All materials and designs were tested in different environments and weather conditions, e.g. during rock climbing in Joshua Tree, California, on high-alpine glacier tours in the Alps or in the climbing areas of the Vogtland, our home region in Germany.
Designed in Germany. Made in Europe. Tested around the World.
RELIABLE THERMAL PROTECTION
Mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts know the problem: Natural down has a very good thermal performance, but it loses insulating power when it gets wet and it takes a long time to dry. For the ASCENTEC ONE we use ThermoPlume®, an innovative high-performance synthetic down from the insulation specialist PrimaLoft®, which mimics the lightweight warmth, softness and compressibility of natural down. This insulation, however, warms reliably even when wet. The hydrophobic and fast-drying properties of ThermoPlume® make the ASCENTEC ONE unbeatable in high humidity or on sweaty ascents.
HEAT WHERE YOUR BODY NEEDS IT THE MOST
Another special feature of the ASCENTEC ONE is the use of advanced body-mapping techniques. We apply a combination of strategically distributed micro and nano baffles to achieve thermal efficiency. The nano baffles under the arms and along the side of the body allow for greater flexibility and heat release during strenuous activities, while the larger micro baffles allow for heat retention in key areas of the body. This, in combination with the ThermoPlume® insulation, results in an efficient thermal management, which enables the use of the ASCENTEC ONE across activities with different thermal demands.
In our successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter at the end of last year, backers from 18 countries pre-ordered the ASCENTEC ONE, helping us to bring this advanced performance jacket to life. Now, the ASCENTEC ONE is being produced by our European manufacturer. The jacket will be available at the end of March.
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER and we will inform you when the ASCENTEC ONE is available in our new online shop.
Alpine mountaineering | Climbing | Skiing | Alpine trekking | Ice climbing
- Outer jacket or perfect for layering
- Optimal weight-to-warmth ratio
- Insulated with powerful PrimaLoft® ThermoPlume® (equivalant to 550+ fill power down), a synthetic down that provides reliable warmth even when wet
- Windproof and water resistent NexoShell™ Ripstop-Nylon (47g/m² | 30D) with an enhanced abrasion resistent for alpine activities
- Ergonomic cut (Alpine Fit) ideal for climbing and other motion-intensive activities
- 2-way front zipper (YKK) with full-length windproof flap
- 2 extra large climbing-harness-compatible side pockets with zipper (YKK)
- backpack-compatible external chest pocket with concealed zipper (YKK)
- Internal chest pocket with zipper (YKK)
- Internal mesh pocket
- Adjustable hem
- Insulated helmet compatible hood
- Chinguard lined with brushed microfleece
- Thumb loops and elasticated cuffs protect against the wind
- Additional stuff bag for low packing volume
Body-mapping technology | Micro and nano baffle construction for close body fit and maximum freedom of movement
Glacier (light blue) | Mountain Lake (dark blue) | Alpine Glow (red-orange)
Men S M L XL XXL | Women S M L XL XXL